Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I have been getting your e-mail comments and suggestions. I am not planning on responding to each one individually for a bunch of reasons (some are good and some are selfish), but rest assured that I am getting them and I am reading them. I did have a few people write to me relating to a great idea and I wanted to share.

A few folks sent me a note asking why we don't have a food drive. It would be simple wouldn't it? Everyone who has spare canned goods leftover on the last day of war could donate to a good cause rather then toss them in an already overstuffed dumpster while trying to cram every square inch of your gear, garb, and stuff you bought from the merchants into your car (you know what I'm talking about. Under the seat, in the cupholders, the glove compartment, etc).

Well it turns out the Cooper's have had a food drive. Surprised? Me too. I don't know the specifics on this coming year, but in the past a trailer was set up on the battlefield on the last Saturday to collect non-perishable food items. I did confirm with the Cooper's that this year they will again have the food drive, but I think we can help by letting people know about it.

So next year when you're packing up, don't throw out that spare can or last box of pasta or whatever. Stop by on your way off site that Saturday or Sunday and drop it off for a good cause.

And everyone have a great Thanksgiving!

-Manuel