Monday, June 18, 2012

Sneak Preview

I wanted to share with you folks the cover art for the Site Book this year.  I was lucky enough to convince one of my favorite people, Robert the Quill, to do this for us and I'm really excited with how it came out.  I'd love to take a lot of credit for creative input on this but I think most of my comments went like this...

Robert - 'So what do you want this to symbolize?"

Me - "Uhm, I don't know. Something Pennsicky."

Robert - "Well, do you have any themes or images in mind for me to start from?"

Me - 'Absolutely.  Make it look . . .  uhm  . . . awsome and stuff."

Robert - "Hoookaaaay . . ."

And that's how this masterpiece was inspired.  Ok, I might have been a bit more help than that but as you can see, Robert is a really creative and talented person.  If you aren't familiar with his work I would encourage you to visit his website www.robertquill.com or check out his merchant shop when you get to Pennsic this year.

I'd also like to thank Tristan Alexander for his contribution of the medallion design for this year which you will all get to see at Troll in several short weeks.  Tristan has had the distinction of designing 8 or 9 of these medallions now.  Hopefully you'll all be around to see his tenth sometime in the future  http://vampyre-nmp.blogspot.com/

- Manuel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.